Ultrasound Transmit Pulser
The LM96551 is an eight-channel monolithic high-voltage, high-speed pulse generator for multi-channel medical ultrasound applications. It is well-suited for use with National’s LM965XX series chipset which offers a complete medical ultrasound solution targeted towards low-power, portable systems.
The LM96551 contains eight high-voltage pulsers with integrated diodes generating ±50V bipolar pulses with peak currents of up to 2A and pulse rates of up to 15 MHz. Advanced features include low-jitter and low-phase-noise output pulses ideal for continuous-wave (CW) modes of operation. Active clamp circuitry is integrated for ensuring low harmonic distortion of the output signal waveform.
The LM96551 also featuers a low-power operation mode and over-temperature protection (OTP) which are enabled by on-chip temperature sensing and power-down logic.
- 8-channel high-voltage CMOS pulse generator
- Output pulses with ±50V and 2A peak current
- Active damper with built-in blocking diodes
- Built-in floating supply voltages for output stage
- Up to 15 MHz operating frequency
- Matched delays for rising and falling edges
- Low second harmonic distortion allows and improves harmonic imaging
- Continuous-wave (CW) operation down to ±3.3V
- Low Phase noise enables Doppler measurements
- -145 dBc/Hz Phase Noise at 10 MHz (1 kHz offset)
- Output state over-temperature protection
- Blocking diodes for direct interface to transducer
- 2.5V to 5.0V CMOS logic interface
- Low-power consumption per channel
- Over Temperature Protection
- Ultrasound Imaging