Stepper Motor IC with On-Chip Indexer
The DRV8805 provides an integrated solution for driving unipolar stepper motors. It includes four low side drivers with overcurrent protection and provides built-in diodes to clamp turn-off transients generated by the motor windings.
Indexer logic to control a unipolar stepper motor using a simple step/direction interface is also integrated. Three stepping modes are supported: 2 phase (full-step), 1-2 phase (half-step), and 1-phase (wave drive).
The DRV8805 can supply up to 1.5-A (single channel on) or 800-mA (four channels on) continuous output current (with adequate PCB heatsinking at 25°C).
Internal shutdown functions are provided for over current protection, short circuit protection, under voltage lockout and overtemperature and faults are indicated by a fault output pin.
- 4-Channel Protected Low-Side Driver
- Four NMOS FETs With Overcurrent Protection
- Integrated Inductive Catch Diodes
- Indexer/Translator for Unipolar Stepper Motors
- Simple Step/Direction Interface
- Three Step Modes (2-Phase Full-Step,
- 1-2-Phase Half-Step, 1-Phase Wave Drive)
- 1.5-A (Single Channel On) / 800-mA (Four
- Channels On) Maximum Drive Current per Channel (at 25°C)
- 8.2-V to 60-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
- Gaming Machines
- General Unipolar Stepper Motor Drivers