This simple AVR Programmer able to transfer hex programs to most
ATMEL AVR microcontrollers. It is more reliable than most other simple
AVR programmers available out there and can be built in very short
amount of time.
This Programmer support the AVR microcontroller ATmega103, ATmega161,
ATmega163, ATmega 323, ATmega128, ATmega8, ATmega16, ATmega64, ATmega32,
ATmega162, ATmega169, ATmega8515, ATmega8535,ATmega44, ATmega88,
ATmega168, ATmega164, ATmega324, ATmega644, ATmega640, ATmega1280,
ATmega1281, ATmega2560, ATmega2561, AT90can32, AT90can64, AT90can128,
ATtiny12, ATtiny15, ATtiny26, ATtiny2313, ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny45,
ATtiny85, ATtiny261, ATtiny461, and ATtiny861.
This AVR programmer consists of a serial in-circuit programmer (dongle)
and a small PCB with DIP sockets where you can fit your microcontroller.
you can also use it directly in the main circuit by adding a pin to
plug this cable programmers, so you do not need to remove the chip while
it is to program.
The PCB connector has been created to match the ATmega8 AVR
microcontroller, 28-DIP, but you can build a PCB socket for each other
AVR microcontroller out there. This AVR programmer software is
compatible with popular PonyProg showing the status bar the progress of
This bellow the minimum system programming.
This minimum system schematics using crystal 4 Mhz, you can use other
crystal frequency depend on your fuse bit setting, please be careful
when setting fuse bit and security lock. if you wrong .. you can’t
recovery your chips and your chips will damage. expected, you have High
this bellow Step by Step to program using Ponyprog
1. Download this software from this link and install.
2. open program and goto to Menu Setup >> Interface setup
5. setting Security and configuration Bit , chose menu “Command >> Security and Bit Configuration”
setting like this sample .
- 8MHz Crystal with slowly rising power:
- 2MHz ceramic resonator fast raising power:
- 32768kHz resonator stable frequency at startup:
- External RC 4MHz oscillator with internal C enabled fast rising power:
- If you want to drive maximum from your Atmega: then select 16MHz fast rising power:
6. Run flash program Icon Button or chose menu “Command>> Write ALL” or Ctrl+W
7. Verify that is hex file flashing on your chip using Menu
“Command>> Verify All” or “Command >> Verify Program (FLASH)