RF Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
KEMET Corporation, a leading manufacturer of tantalum, ceramic, aluminum, film, paper and electrolytic capacitors, introduced its new HiQ-CBR Series Surface Mount Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors (MLCCs) in C0G dielectric. The HiQ-CBR Series features a robust and exceptionally stable copper base metal electrode dielectric system that provides excellent low loss performance (high Q). These devices are suitable for many circuit applications including radio frequency (RF) power amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, low noise amplifiers, filter networks, antenna tuning, timing circuits, delay lines, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) coils.
“The addition of the HiQ-CBR Series demonstrates KEMET’s commitment to offer customers a complete line of capacitance solutions. Expansion into Radio Frequency and Microwave products will allow KEMET to bring our world-class service and technology to a broader audience,” said Bill Sloka, KEMET Specialty Product Manager.
“These devices offer extremely low ESR and high self-resonance characteristics, and are well-suited for resonant circuit applications or those where Q and stability of capacitance characteristics are required. HiQ-CBR Series capacitors exhibit no change in capacitance with respect to time and voltage and boast a negligible change in capacitance with reference to ambient temperature,” continued Sloka.
Typical applications include critical timing, tuning, bypass, coupling, feedback, filtering, impedance matching, and DC blocking. Field applications include wireless and cellular base stations, wireless LAN, subscriber-based wireless services, wireless broadcast equipment, satellite communications, RF power amplifier (PA) modules, filters, voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), PAs, matching networks, RF modules, and medical electronics.
This solution can be used in conjunction with KEMET Chip Inductors and Ferrite Beads. To learn more about KEMET HiQ-CBR Series products, please visit http://www.kemet.com/rf.
- Operating temperature range of -55°C to +125°C
- Ultra high quality factor (Q)
- Base metal electrode (BME) dielectric system
- PB-Free and RoHS-compliant
- C0G Dielectric
- EIA 0201, 0402, 0603, and 0805 case sizes (inches)
- DC voltage ratings of 6.3V, 10V, 25V, 50V, 100V, and 250V
- Capacitance offerings ranging from 0.1pF up to 100 pF
- Available capacitance tolerances of ±0.05pF, ±0.1pF, ±0.25pF, ±0.5pF, ±1%, ±2%, ±5%, and ±10%
- No piezoelectric noise
- Low ESR
- High thermal stability
- No capacitance change with respect to applied rated DC voltage
- Negligible capacitance change with respect to temperature
- No capacitance decay with time
- Non-polar device, minimizing installation concerns
- 100% pure matte tin-plated termination finish allowing for excellent solderability