1) Use LED nodes.
2) Paint the top of the PCB with a dark color (black).
3) Note the LED specifications. In this experiment use a 5mm diameter LED nodes
that emit red, specification voltage of 3 volts.
The assembly of LED:
1) One letter composed at most 5 columns and 7 rows.
2) One column mostly composed by 6 LEDs are arranged series.
3) Then the fifth column are connected in parallel.
5) In a column consisting of 6 LEDs, Rx = 330 ohm, 5 LEDs, Rx = 560 Ohms, 4 LEDs, Rx = 680 Ohms
6) Every letter was given FCS9013 transistor amplifier.
Here is one letter LED scheme.
Medium picture below is the lay out of the 2-letter nameplate. To make the sign 8 letter, copied from a second stay this letter.
Example of LED on the letters A and B:
Rx first column letter B, 330 ohms. Rx second column, third, fourth, and fifth at 680 ohms.