Fast Settling Time ADC Driver
Texas Instruments Incorporated has redefined the low-power amplifier market with today’s introduction of a fully differential analog-to-digital converter (ADC) driver that provides more than eight times the performance-to-power ratio of similar devices. The THS4531 fully differential amplifier uses only 250 uA of quiescent current while providing 36 MHz of bandwidth to support the high-performance, ultra-low power needs of portable and high-density systems, such as flow meters and portable medical devices. For more information and to order samples, visit http://www.ti.com/ths4531-pr.
Key features and benefits of the THS4531:
- Bandwidth of 36 MHz, slew rate of 220 V/us and fast settling time of 150 ns to 0.01 percent reduces data acquisition time for driving high sample rate converters.
- Power-down mode to 0.5 uA, quiescent current of 250 uA, and 2.5-V to 5-V supply operation allows battery-powered operation and flexible power supply selection.
- Provides 16-bit accuracy to drive ADCs, such as the ADS8317 and ADS1278, as well other DC-coupled applications.
- Flexible negative-rail input common mode and rail-to-rail output enables simplified interface design with single-ended, ground-based signal sources and differential successive approximation register (SAR) and delta-sigma ADCs.
- Measuring only 2 mm x 2 mm, it is the industry’s smallest, high-speed, fully differential amplifier, making it suitable for use in high-density applications.
Tools and support
The THS4531DGKEVM evaluation module is available to speed evaluation of the THS4531. It can be ordered today for $149. PSPICE and TINA-TI Spice models are also available, along with a TINA-TI reference design.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The THS4531 is available today in 2-mm x 2-mm QFN, 3-mm x 5-mm MSOP and 5-mm x 6-mm SOIC package options for a suggested retail price of US$1.10 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI’s amplifier portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order THS4531 samples: http://www.ti.com/ths4531s-pr.
- Buy the THS4531EVM: http://www.ti.com/ths4531evmbuy-pr.
- Download the data sheet: http://www.ti.com/ths4531ds-pr.
- Ask questions, help solve problems in the High Speed Amplifier forum in the TI E2E™ Community: http://www.ti.com/e2ehsa-pr.
- Follow what our signal chain experts have to say on our E2E blog: http://www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
- Download a news release graphic at: http://www.ti.com/newscenterphotos-pr.