Capacitive Coupling Wireless Power
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. has begun production of the LXWS series capacitive coupling wireless power transmission module that enables wireless recharging of tablet PCs and other mobile devices. This module provides wireless power transmission of 10 W through use of the power-sending and power-receiving set.
Market launch of the module that is used in Hitachi Maxell, Ltd.‘s wireless recharging set, the Air Voltage for iPad2, is scheduled for November 25, 2011.
Background and Objectives
As smartphones and tablet PCs become more essential to our lives, these devices must be recharged more and more frequently, bringing a rising need for them to be equipped with wireless recharging functions. We have thus applied our original circuit design technologies and module manufacturing technologies to develop a capacitive coupling wireless recharging system and are working to implement its practical use.
- Capable of wireless power transmission of 10W
- Has removal detection and error detection functions
- Has a high transmitting efficiency
- Has a high level of positioning freedom that enables construction of highly convenient wireless recharging systems
- Minimal heat is generated by the electrodes, making it is easy on the battery
- Easily incorporated into the devices because the electrodes in the antenna are extremely thin
Tablet PCs, digital cameras, smartphones and other mobile devices, lighting fixtures, decorations, housing equipment and other wireless recharging, electrical power transmission