3-GHz, 10-Output Level Translator
The LMK00301 is a 3-GHz, 10-output differential fanout buffer intended for high-frequency, low-jitter clock/data distribution and level translation. The input clock can be selected from two differential inputs or one crystal input. The selected input clock is distributed to two banks of 5 differential outputs and one LVCMOS output. Each output bank can be configured as LVPECL, LVDS, or HCSL drivers, or disabled to reduce power. The LVCMOS output has a synchronous enable input for runt-pulse-free operation when enabled or disabled. The LMK00301 can be powered from a single 3.3 V supply, or dual 3.3 V/2.5 V supplies for lower power operation.
The LMK00301 provides high performance, versatility, and power efficiency, making it ideal for replacing fixed-output buffer devices while increasing timing margin in the system.
- 3:1 Input Multiplexer
- Two differential inputs accept DC-coupled LVPECL, LVDS, CML, SSTL, HSTL and single-ended clocks
- Differential input operates from DC to 3.1 GHz
- One crystal input accepts a 10 to 40 MHz crystal or single-ended clock
- Two Banks with 5 Differential Outputs each
- Selectable output type (per bank): LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL, or Hi-Z
- 51 fs RMS Additive Jitter for LVPECL at 156.25 MHz (12 kHz – 20 MHz) with LMK03806 clock source
- LVCMOS output with synchronous enable input
- Pin-controlled configuration
- Core Supply: 3.3 V ± 5%, Output Supply: 3.3 V/2.5 V ± 5%
- Industrial temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Package: 48-pin LLP (7.0 × 7.0 × 0.8 mm)