12-Bit, 8-Channel ADC
The ADS8528/48/68 contain eight low-power, 12-, 14-, or 16-bit, successive approximation register (SAR)-based analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) with true bipolar inputs. These channels are grouped in four pairs, thus allowing simultaneous high-speed signal acquisition of up to 650kSPS.
The devices support selectable parallel or serial interface with daisy-chain capability. The programmable reference allows handling of analog input signals with amplitudes up to ±12V.
The ADS8528/48/68 family supports an auto-sleep mode for minimum power dissipation and is available in both QFN-64 and LQFP-64 packages. The entire family is specified over a temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.
- Protection Relays
- Power Quality Measurement
- Multi-Axis Motor Control
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Data Acquisition
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Family of 12-, 14-, 16-Bit, Pin- and Software-Compatible ADCs
- Maximum Data Rate Per Channel:
- ADS8528: 650kSPS (PAR) or
- 480kSPS (SER)
- ADS8548: 600kSPS (PAR) or
- 450kSPS (SER)
- ADS8568: 510kSPS (PAR) or
- 400kSPS (SER)
- Excellent AC Performance:
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- ADS8528: 73.9dB
- ADS8548: 85dB
- ADS8568: 91.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- ADS8528: –89dB
- ADS8548: –91dB
- ADS8568: –94dB
- Programmable and Buffered Internal Reference: 0.5V to 2.5V or 0.5V to 3.0V Supports Input Voltage Ranges of Up to ±12V
- Selectable Parallel or Serial Interface
- Scalable Low-Power Operation Using Auto-Sleep Mode: Only 32mW at 10kSPS
- Fully Specified Over the Extended Industrial Temperature Range