1.5A Unipolar Stepper Motor Driver
The DRV8804 provides a 4-channel low side driver with overcurrent protection. It has built-in diodes to clamp turn-off transients generated by inductive loads and can be used to drive unipolar stepper motors, DC motors, relays, solenoids, or other loads.
The DRV8804 can supply up to 1.5-A (single channel on) or 800-mA (four channels on) continuous output current (with adequate PCB heatsinking at 25°C).
A serial interface is provided including a serial data output, which can be daisy-chained to control multiple devices with one serial interface.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for over current protection, short circuit protection, under voltage lockout and overtemperature and faults are indicated by a fault output pin.
View full Description in Datasheet
- 4-Channel Protected Low-Side Driver
- Four NMOS FETs With Overcurrent Protection
- Integrated Inductive Catch Diodes
- Serial Interface
- 1.5-A (Single Channel On) / 800-mA (Four Channels On)
- Maximum Drive Current per Channel (at 25°C)
- 8.2-V to 60-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
- Relay Drivers
- Unipolar Stepper Motor Drivers
- Solenoid Drivers
- General Low-Side Switch Applications